Saturday 20 August 2011

Flower Show

Today I went to the Southport Flower Show. I've been going with my Mum and Gran since I was a child. We don't go every year anymore as it is quite similar from year to year, but this summer the theme was vintage so I had to go! Many of the displays had a World War 2 vibe...



The clothes on the washing line were made of paper.








 Lots of the gardens featured cottage garden plants, creating a real vintage feel. However there were quite a few that seemed very modern (I didn't photograph those.)
 The floral displays were my favourite part.
 I love the use of vintage china in these two arrangements.

 I was thrilled to see this exibition as it incorporated my favourite type of rose and also the creator is from my home town! I've always said I'd like a bouquet of this type of rose at my wedding.


 The use of vintage fashion in the displays was inspiring, I loved this 50s number...
 especially the knitted poodle!
 This bag was made from leaves and pine cones!

 I thought this hat and bag were so cleverly made.
 And I adored the scarf on this display, I can't remember what plant it is made from but such an original idea.

 A pretty fan made from leaves.
 An entire dress made from foliage.
A great day.
Skirt update coming soon - it's nearly ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment