Wednesday 31 August 2011

Crescent Skirt - Finally!

Well, even though I finished this skirt about a week and a half ago, it's taken me until now to put it on here. Things have been crazy busy here but hopefully they will settle down, I basically spent the whole of last week away from home seeing people but now I'm back normality can resume.

 I am so pleased with this skirt! I've worn it three times already! Sorry that the pictures are a bit dark but there hasn't been much sun lately. It's so comfortable and easy to wear and I love the pockets most of all.
 Now, I am not a novice sewer but I am new to dressmaking. This pattern says it is for beginners and whilst I didn't struggle too much, I don't think it is quite beginner's level, I'd say it was more intermediate as the waistband is in 8 pieces, there is a zip and pockets, plus the waistband is lined. I learnt quite a few new skills.
 My version certainly isn't without its faults, oh no. But I don't think they are so noticeable. My Mum and Gran, who have both made clothes in the past, were very impressed and considered it to be quite a difficult pattern.
The absolute best thing about this skirt is the fabric. Vintage, soft, brushed cotton, I love it. Without the sew along for this skirt I think I would have struggled as the instructions were quite basic, so it really helped me to have pictures online to guide me through it. I'd recommend this skirt pattern to anyone, I think it's great and I'll be making another one soon I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment