Friday 2 September 2011

In the pipeline...

Here are the projects I am planning for the coming months. I've enrolled on a dressmaking course at my local college so hopefully when I'm back at work next week it will force me to sew every Monday, force in a good way obviously! I'm planning on making a Sorbetto blouse with this beautiful floral fabric above. It is quite lightweight and drapes well so I'm looking forward to sewing with it. The Sorbetto blouse is a free pattern from Colette Patterns and looks very simple to make. I love Colette Patterns, and how nice of them to make a free pattern. I have quite a few of their patterns ready to start making but my problem is finding good fabric suitable for the job. However, last week amongst the hecticness (if that's a word) I visited my local fabric shop and got this beautiful cotton / satin blend, I think, (no information on what the fabrics are in that shop.)
It's slightly more of a peach colour than it looks like in the photo (bad light again) but I thought it would be perfect for the Violet blouse.
I love this pattern, it will be perfect for work. I have some lovely vintage buttons that will be perfect for this blouse but they seem to have disappeared, I really hope they turn up.
The next fabric I bought (all very cheaply I add) was this pretty red floral, again some sort of cotton mix suitable for dressmaking. So pretty, perhaps another crescent skirt?! I also have Colette Patterns Parfait and Macaron and I've had my eye on Crepe for a while too. Just need to find the right fabric before I can start making these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment